Text Size Print

Search Results

Accommodation and Housing
An interest-free loan for bond assistance and two weeks’ rent in advance.
Building Service and Home Building Work Contract Complaints Fees.
100% rent concession for tenants and occupants of public housing once they reach 100 years of age.
A concessional rate of transfer duty is applied to some types of residential property transfers.
The First Home Owner Grant is available to eligible applicants that are buying or building their first home.
A grant of up to $2,000 to first home buyers for incidental expenses.
Land used by a person with disability as their primary residence and owned by certain related persons may be eligible for a land tax exemption.
Public housing is available to eligible households throughout Western Australia.
Public Housing tenants living in accommodation designated by the Department of Housing to be seniors or disability accommodation are exempt from paying a heating appliance hire fee.
A discount on the repayment of outstanding tenancy debts to the Department of Housing.
A grant of up to $3,000 for stamp duty and settlement fees associated with purchasing a public housing property.
Arts and Culture
The Art Gallery of Western Australia is free of charge except for entry to some major exhibitions. When a Companion Card is presented, the companion will be issued with a second ticket free of charge.
The Companion Card is issued to people with a significant and permanent disability who require support from a companion to make use of most venues and participate in activities.
50% off the admission fee to the Western Australian Maritime Museum, except on the second Tuesday of each month when admission is free.
Education, Training and Employment
Financial assistance to support off-the-job training being delivered to eligible apprentices (including trainees, cadets, and interns) who are, or would normally be, required to travel long distances to attend training.
An annual allowance to assist parents with boarding costs if their children (students) are enrolled and boarding at a Western Australian College of Agriculture. The allowance is paid directly to the College and is deducted from the residential boarding fees.
An annual allowance to assist rural and remote parents with boarding costs for secondary students (children) enrolled in a gifted and talented program at a public school and boarding at City Beach Residential College.
An annual allowance to assist parents/carers with children who may need respite. Respite students may board away from home because of physical or intellectual disabilities, health related conditions or learning difficulties.
An annual allowance to assist parents in isolated locations who do not have access to a primary or secondary school with boarding costs.
The Secondary Assistance Scheme is available to parents/guardians with children enrolled in secondary schooling who hold an eligible concession card. The Secondary Assistance Scheme comprises of an Education Program Allowance which is paid to the school and a Clothing Allowance that is paid to the parent. (If the student is enrolled in a public school, the parent may nominate the clothing allowance be paid to the school).
The Secondary Assistance Scheme – ABSTUDY Supplement Allowance is available to parents/guardians with children enrolled in secondary schooling who receive ABSTUDY payments through the Department of Human Services (Centrelink).
Provides financial assistance for students who need to travel more than 56 kms to attend a school, a college or a university.
When enrolling in an eligible government subsidised VET course, eligible persons pay only 30% of the course fee that would normally apply, except where the course is categorised as a Foundations skills or Equity course.
The Department of Communities and WA Police Force have partnered to deliver the Volunteer National Police Certificates program at a discounted rate.
Health and Disability
Entitles holder to use ACROD parking bays including on-street parking, in shopping centres, hospitals, libraries and schools.
Free or reduced fees for all emergency and urgent ambulance services, and non-urgent ambulance services that are deemed to be medically necessary and which are provided by the St John Ambulance service.
The Community Aids and Equipment Program (CAEP) assists people with long term health, disability or age related functional impairment to stay in their own homes by providing equipment such as a wheelchair; or home modifications such as installing a ramp to enhance their safety and independence in their home.
Silver Chain delivers a continence management and advice service at clinics through Western Australia.
Dental Health Services provide subsidised dental treatment at public dental clinics, or private dental clinics participating in the government subsidised Oral Health Care Scheme.
This scheme is for children who are incontinent. A product subsidy of up to $490 per year is available to assist families with meeting the cost of continence products for their children.
This scheme provides a subsidy to compensate financially disadvantaged persons for the electricity costs of operating life support equipment at home.
A subsidy towards the cost of travel and accommodation for eligible Western Australians in rural and remote areas who need to travel to receive specialist medical services.
The School Dental Service provides free emergency and general dental care for school children aged 5 to 16 years.
The WA Spectacles Subsidy Scheme offers up to $53.85 subsidy to eligible applicants every two years.
The Taxi Users' Subsidy Scheme (TUSS) provides taxi travel at a reduced rate for people who have a severe permanent disability that will always prevent them from using a conventional public transport bus service.
This scheme provides an energy subsidy to financially disadvantaged persons who have a thermoregulatory dysfunction requiring that they operate equipment to control the temperature of their homes.
Household Bills and Appliances
This rebate covers the cost of establishing a new residential electricity account for eligible customers.
This rebate subsidises the cost of operating an Air Conditioner for eligible households in areas of high heat discomfort.
The Western Australian State Government makes a Cost of Living Rebate payment each year to registered WA Seniors Card members.
The Dependent Child Rebate provides assistance to help eligible concession card holders with dependent children meet energy consumption costs.
All domestic dogs are required to be registered with the relevant Local Government. Holders of a Pensioner Concession Card can apply for a 50% discount on registration fees.
A rebate on the Emergency Services Levy or a deferment of this charge.
A rebate for residential energy customers holding a valid concession card.
An extension of the existing Energy Assistance Payment (EAP) and other electricity concessions to eligible households that receive electricity charges through on-selling arrangements.
The Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS) provides financial assistance to Western Australians who are struggling through financial hardship and are unable to pay their utility bills. The purpose of HUGS is to prevent residential customers from being disconnected from essential utility services to ensure basic living needs can be met.
A reduction in the assessable value of land for land tax purposes for an eligible war widow, war widower or veteran's widowed mother.
Concession cardholders are eligible for a reduced meter test fee if an electricity meter is believed to be providing faulty or inaccurate readings.
The State Concession Card is issued to eligible Veterans and War widows who do not hold a Pensioner Concession Card and have a relevant interest in the residential property which they occupy.
A rebate on the Underground Electricity Connection Charge, or a deferment of this charge.
A concession on water supplied by the Water Corporation.
A rebate on Water Corporation Service Charges or a deferment of these charges.
Rebates on annual Busselton Water supply charges and on water consumption up to prescribed limits for eligible pensioners and seniors.
The Court or a Registrar may on the grounds of financial hardship or in the interest of justice, waive, reduce, refund or defer the court fee.
A Coroner's Registrar may on the grounds of financial hardship or in the interests of justice, waive, reduce, refund or defer the court fee.
The Court or a Registrar, may on the grounds of financial hardship or in the interests of justice, waive, reduce, refund or defer the court fee.
Duty Lawyers appear in the Perth Family Court in family matters, in the Children's Court in Protection cases and in Magistrates Courts in Perth and Joondalup for Violence Restraining Orders.
Duty Lawyer Services are provided in criminal matters across the State in Magistrates Courts and Children's Courts. There can be a small fee for the duty lawyer service or this fee may be waived in cases of financial hardship. No charge is applied to people in custody or for Children’s Court matters.
Eligible concession card holders and other people who would have difficulty in paying the standard fee may apply for a reduction or an exemption of court fees.
Advocacy Services assist eligible members of the public who do not have the capacity to represent themselves with certain civil law issues.
Legal advice is a 'one off' service provided in person or via the telephone.
Eligible persons can access Legal Aid WA's Family Dispute Resolution centre for assistance in mediating arrangements for their children and their property without having to go through the Family Court. Both parties must agree to participate in a conference.
In appropriate circumstances, Legal Aid WA can arrange representation, including representation in a court or tribunal, by an in-house or private lawyer on a range of matters for people assessed as being eligible for assistance.
Minor Assistance is provided to members of the public to assist them in handling their own legal issues in the areas of family law and child support. Fees for this service may be waived in cases of financial hardship.
The Court or a Registrar may, on the grounds of financial hardship or in the interests of justice, waive, reduce, refund or defer the court fee.
Wills are drafted, signed and witnessed during a 90-minute appointment for a fee of $49. Wills for a couple cost $75 if the Wills are substantially similar. If subsequent work is required, a further discount will apply on the Public Trustee's standard hourly legal rate. Additional incidental charges for out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the Public Trustee may also be payable.
Eligible persons can have their fees waived for birth, change of name, death, and marriage certificates and change of name registration.
The Executive Officer may, on the grounds of financial hardship or in the interests of justice, waive, reduce, refund or defer the tribunal fee.
The Court or a Registrar may, on the grounds of financial hardship or in the interests of justice, waive, reduce, refund or defer the court fee.
In addition to WA Pensioner Free Travel, Transwa offers a range of concessional fares including discounts of up to 50% on standard fares for eligible persons using Transwa services.
Eligible WA Pensioner Concession cardholders and holders of a registered Western Australian issued DVA Pensioner Concession receive two single journeys or one return journey per year on Transwa rail or road coach services.
Seniors Card Benefits
Reduced fees for entry to the Bell Tower.
All domestic cats are required to be registered with the relevant Local Government. Holders of accepted concession card (or cards) can apply for a 50% discount on registration fees.
Exemption or reduced fees for the renewal or replacement of a driver's licence.
A 50 per cent concession on Recreational Fishing Licence fees.
Reduced fees for aquatic and health and fitness classes and entry fees.
Reduced fees for aquatic and health and fitness classes and entry fees.
A rebate, or a deferment on annual rates charged by local government.
Reduced entry fees to Monkey Mia Conservation Park.
Discounts on national park entry or camping fees at Western Australian national parks.
Concession Annual All Parks Pass to all Western Australian national parks that have entrance fees.
Entry to national parks which have entrance fees at a reduced rate.
Reduced fees for star viewing night and day tours at the Perth Observatory.
Reduced fees are available to holders of valid concession cards and seniors from overseas who are aged 65 years or more. Free entry is provided for children under the age of 4 years.
Photo Card – Fee exemption or reduction Exemption for holders of a Centrelink Age Pensioner Concession Card or a Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Cards.
Concession Fares.
Concession on the fees for tours and transport offered by the Rottnest Island Authority.
10% discount off bike hire fees. Concession does not apply to security deposits.
Exemption from the payment of a vehicle licence fee or vehicle licence duty on the purchase of a vehicle or a reduction in vehicle licence fees.
Reduced fees for entry to the track for eligible concession card holders.
A rebate on annual Aqwest water supply charges and on water consumption up to prescribed limits.
Sport and Recreation
A concession on the full adult entry fee to Cannington or Mandurah racecourses.
Financial assistance for Western Australian children and youth for the payment of community sport and recreation club registration fees.
Reduced fees for venue bookings for families and community groups.
Reduced rates are available for camping in National Parks and State Forest in Western Australia.
Discounted accommodation and activity tariffs are available for school groups, not for profit community groups and sporting associations at the Woodman Point, Bickley, Point Walter and Ern Halliday recreation camps.
The Fremantle Prison provides concession card holders and groups who have booked with reduced tour fees.
A concession on the entry fee into the Perth Mint is available to concession card holders to see a Gold Pouring Performance and to visit the Exhibition Area.
Discounted accommodation is available during the shoulder seasons of May and September for eligible concession card holders.
Travel and Transport
Provides an annual subsidy to eligible pensioners living in the regions to support their transport needs to access government services.
Each year one return journey to Perth by air or coach is provided to Pensioner Concession Card holders who have lived north of the 26th parallel continuously for two or more years.
Free Travel is available to certain eligible groups.

Find your concessions...