Text Size Print

Country Age Pension Fuel Card - Travel Assistance in Western Australia

A Country Age Pension Fuel Card allows the cardholder to purchase up to $575 of fuel and taxi travel from participating providers, (ie. to purchase petrol, autogas, diesel and taxi fares).  Eligible applicants live in non-metropolitan areas and do not need to hold a driver's licence or own a vehicle. Eligible applicants are entitled to one card per financial year. One card is issued per couple and cards are non-transferable. If cardholders remain eligible they are entitled to a new card every year. The Fuel Card may be used by a nominated person to transport the eligible person. For all Fuel Card transactions both the cardholder's Pensioner Concession Card and Fuel Card must be presented to the participating provider at the point of purchase.


Name: Country Age Pension Fuel Card Scheme
Phone: 1300 666 609

How to Apply

Visit a participating country post office and complete and lodge the Country Age Pension Fuel Card Application Form. The applicant will be required to produce their current Pensioner Concession Card when lodging the Fuel Card application form. Telephone the Fuel Card Information Line on 1300 666 609 to locate your nearest participating post office.


People are eligible if they live in a non-metropolitan area of Western Australia and are receiving either an Age Pension, Carer Payment, Disability Support Pension, Wife Pension or Widow B Pension from Centrelink, or a Department of Veterans' Affairs Service Pension, Age Pension or Income Support Supplement.

Rate this article
Total Votes 78

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...