Text Size Print

Secondary Assistance Scheme - ABSTUDY Supplement

The Secondary Assistance Scheme – ABSTUDY Supplement Allowance is available to parents/guardians with children enrolled in secondary schooling who receive ABSTUDY payments through the Department of Human Services (Centrelink).  The ABSTUDY Supplement Allowance comprises of the Education Program Allowance which is paid to the school.

For public schools, the Allowance of $79 for students in Years 7 to 10 will be paid to the school and will be applied towards the voluntary contribution.  Any balance will be applied against charges or as negotiated with the parent/guardian. For students in Years 11 to 12 the Allowance will be applied to cover charges in the first instance.


Name: Department of Education
Phone: 9264 4516

How to Apply

Application forms are available at Secondary Schools.  Parents need to provide proof of eligibility and a school officer needs to witness the application form.  Applications must be completed in term 1 each school year.


Available to parents/guardians of secondary students if the parent is a holder of: Pensioner Concession Card, or Health Care Card (Not children’s concession card which has been issued for medical purposes) or Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession Card. 

Parents of students must be in receipt of Department of Human Services (Centrelink) ABSTUDY and are not able to apply for Secondary Assistance Scheme.

Available to independent secondary students if the student is a holder of a Department of Human Services (Centrelink) Health Care Card and in receipt of Centrelink ABSTUDY.

Rate this article
Total Votes 4

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...