Text Size Print

Magistrates Court - waiver, reduction, refund or deferral of court fees.

The Court or a Registrar may, on the grounds of financial hardship or in the interests of justice, waive, reduce, refund or defer the court fee.


How to Apply

An application must be made by submitting a Form 2 (Application to Remit Fees) to the Magistrate Court Registry. Small business and not-for-profit associations will need to complete and submit a Form 1 (Declaration that person is operating a small business or not-for-profit association) to have the fee reduced. The forms are available online from the Magistrates Court website or from any Magistrates Court Registry. Forms need to be submitted to the Magistrates Court registry in person, by mail or fax 9425 2777. A listing for Magistrates Courts can be found on their website.


Holders of a Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Department of Veterans’ Affairs cards, those receiving legal aid, a youth training allowance, Austudy or Abstudy payments, those under 18 years of age, an inmate of a prison or someone who has otherwise been legally detained in a public institution, and those who can demonstrate they would experience financial hardship if required to pay the full fee.

Rate this article
Total Votes 6

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...