Text Size Print

KidSport financial assistance

Financial assistance for Western Australian children and youth for the payment of community sport and recreation club registration fees.​


Name: Department of Sport & Recreation (DSR)
Phone: 9492 9700

How to Apply

Applicants with a valid Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card can now apply online at

Hard copy KidSport Application Forms are also available from your local government authority or downloaded from the DSR website.


Children are eligible for KidSport if they are aged 5–18 years and listed on a Health Care or Pensioner Concession card. The child or youth's primary place of residence must be in the local government area for which the application is being made (exceptions may apply).

Families who do not have a concession card but are experiencing significant financial hardship, as a result of an unforeseen situation, may apply for a financial exception through a KidSport Financial Assessor. 

The Department's four KidSport exceptions are:

  1. Sudden loss of employment and subsequent income from the main income earner of the family. This does not include voluntary unemployment or circumstances where a redundancy payment has been received. 
  2. Death or serious illness of a parent/guardian causing significant impact on the household income. 
  3. Fire, flood or other natural disaster causing significant impact on the households financial situation. 
  4. Situations when the child has been placed into care (of the State, foster or extended family) and the relevant concession cards are unavailable.

KidSport Financial Assessors are generally from community or government support agencies and are identified and approved by DSR in conjunction with local governments. To find a KidSport Financial Assessor, contact your local government or the DSR KidSport team.

Rate this article
Total Votes 11

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...