Text Size Print

Community Aids and Equipment Program (CAEP) - funding

The Community Aids and Equipment Program (CAEP) assists people with disability to stay in their own homes by: providing equipment such as a wheelchair on a long-term loan to help with mobility in the home; or funding home modifications such as installing a ramp to assist mobility into the home. If you receive equipment from CAEP you may use it for as long as you need. All equipment belongs to CAEP and must be returned when no longer needed, so that it may be given to others.


Name: Disability Services Commission
Phone: 9426 9200 or 1800 998 214

How to Apply

Ask your GP or specialist if you are eligible and to then refer you to a local CAEP service provider. This may be a public hospital, health or disability service. The CAEP service provider will arrange for a health professional such as a physiotherapist or occupational therapist to work out your equipment and/or home modification needs.


To be eligible for CAEP you must have a permanent disability, live at home in the community most of the time, have a Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, or be a carer of a child with a permanent disability in receipt of a Carer Payment, or be able to demonstrate financial hardship.

Rate this article
Total Votes 15

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...