Text Size Print

Boarding Away from Home Allowance (for Isolated Children)

An annual allowance to assist parents in isolated locations who do not have access to a primary or secondary school with boarding costs.

How to Apply

Application forms are available from Boarding Providers, on the Department of Education website  or by telephoning the Allowances Coordinator. Parents need to provide proof of eligibility, providing a copy of their Centrelink AIC entitlement letter with the Boarding Away from Home Allowance application.   Applications can be submitted by email to: or via post to:
Allowances Coordinator
Education Department
Financial Planning and Resourcing
151 Royal Street

Applications must be completed annually.


Western Australian parents are eligible to apply if they are receiving the Assistance for Isolated Children (AIC) Boarding Allowance or Second Home Allowance from the Department of Human Services (Centrelink), their child is enrolled in a primary or secondary school (Kindergarten to Year 12) and their child is living away from the primary family residence.

Rate this article
Total Votes 24125

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...