Text Size Print

Vehicle licence - fee exemption or reduction

Exemption from the payment of a vehicle licence fee or vehicle licence duty on the purchase of a vehicle or a reduction in vehicle licence fees.


Name: Department of Transport: Driver and Vehicle Services
Phone: 13 11 56

How to Apply

Applications can be made at Driver and Vehicle Service Centres or by posting a completed application form to the Department of Transport GPO Box R1290 Perth WA 6844. A person can request an application form to be sent by post from the Customer Contact Centre by calling 13 11 56 or download a copy from the Department of transport website. Those that need to prove that they are receiving the maximum rate of pension will need a confirmation letter from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and include a copy with their application.


Exemption for people receiving a Blind Pension, people receiving the maximum rate of Carers Payment or Disability Support Pension and their spouses holding a valid Pensioner Concession Card, and those holding a Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card endorsed TPI or EDA.  50% reduction for other Pensioner Concession Card holders and those holding both a WA Seniors Card and a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.

Rate this article
Total Votes 75

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...