Text Size Print

Air Conditioning Rebate - Electricity

This rebate subsidises the cost of operating an Air Conditioner for eligible households in areas of high heat discomfort. The amount of the subsidy varies depending on where you live. Permanent residents of caravan parks can also apply for this rebate.


How to Apply

If your account is with Synergy telephone 13 13 53 and your application can be taken over the phone, or you can register for 'My Account' where you can apply for eligible concessions online at 

If your account is with Horizon Power telephone 1800 267 926 and provide your card details, or download an application form on


To be eligible for the Air Conditioning Rebate, you must live in areas of the State that experience prolonged periods of heat discomfort. The rebate applies to areas which are north of the 26th Parallel and/or north of the 50 Day Relative Strain Index line.

In addition to living in the defined locations, applicants must hold both a WA Seniors Card and either a:

  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card, or
  • Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession card.

Applicants are also eligible if they live in the defined locations and have dependent children and hold either a:

  • Centrelink Health Care Card
  • Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
  • Veterans' Affairs Gold Card, or
  • Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card.
Rate this article
Total Votes 36562

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...