Text Size Print

Land tax exemption for property used by a related person with disability

Private residential property is exempt from land tax if at 30 June in the financial year before the  assessment year it is used by a person with disability as their primary residence. The property must be owned by a parent, grandparent, brother or sister of the person with the disability.


Name: Department of Finance, Office of State Revenue
Phone: 9262 1200 1300 368 364

How to Apply

Download an application form.
For more information: Website:  
Web Enquiry:  


A person with disability means a person who:

  • Is qualified for a disability support pension under the Social Security Act 1991 (Commonwealth) Part 2.3 (whether or not the person receives that pension), or
  • Is under 16 years of age and is cared for by a parent or guardian, within the meaning given in the Social Security Act 1991 (Commonwealth), who is qualified for a carer payment under Part 2.5 of that Act in respect of that care (whether or not the person receives that payment).

Rate this article
Total Votes 3

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...