Text Size Print

Secondary Assistance Scheme

The Secondary Assistance Scheme is available to parents/guardians with children enrolled in secondary schooling who hold an eligible concession card.  The Secondary Assistance Scheme comprises of an Education Program Allowance which is paid to the school and a Clothing Allowance that is paid to the parent.  (If the student is enrolled in a public school, the parent may nominate the clothing allowance be paid to the school).

For public schools, the Educational Program Allowance (EPA) of $235 for students in Years 7 to 10 will be paid to the school and will be applied towards the voluntary contribution.  Any balance will be applied against charges or as negotiated with the parent/guardian. For students in Years 11 to 12 the EPA will be applied to cover charges in the first instance.


Name: Department of Education
Phone: 9264 4516

How to Apply

Application forms are available at Secondary Schools.  Students or parents need to provide proof of eligibility and a school officer needs to witness the application form.  Applications must be completed in term 1 each school year.


Available to parents/guardians of secondary students if the parent is a holder of: Pensioner Concession Card, or Health Care Card (Not children’s concession card which has been issued for medical purposes) or Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession Card. Eligible parents/guardians that home school their children can also apply through their Education Regional Office. Parents of students in receipt of Department of Human Services (Centrelink) ABSTUDY are only eligible for the ABSTUDY Supplement Allowance.

Available to independent secondary students if the student is a holder of a Department of Human Services Health Care Card.  Independent students in receipt of Centrelink ABSTUDY are only eligible for the ABSTUDY Supplement Allowance.

Rate this article
Total Votes 28

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...