Text Size Print

Public Housing

The Department of Housing provides rental accommodation to eligible households across Western Australia. You may be placed on the public housing waiting list if you meet the Department of Housing's eligibility criteria. If you have an urgent need for housing and don't have any other housing options, you may be eligible for priority assistance.​


Name: Department of Housing
Phone: 9222 4666 or 1800 093 325 (Free call)

How to Apply

You can lodge an application for public rental accommodation at any of the Department of Housing's offices. Proof of identify and income documents must accompany your application form. Application forms are available at any of the Department of Housing regional or branch offices or from the Department of Housing website.​


Australian citizens or permanent residents aged 16 or more, who live in Western Australia, receive their income from a source in Western Australia, meet current income and asset limits and do not own or part own property or land. Full eligibility criteria is available in the Department of Housing website.​

Rate this article
Total Votes 17

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...