Text Size Print

Home Buyers’ Assistance Account

This scheme provides a grant of up to $2,000 to first home buyers for incidental expenses when they purchase an established or partially built home through a licensed real estate agent for $400,000 or less.


Name: Department of Commerce
Phone: 1300 304 054

How to Apply

You must complete  the online application form and follow the instructions on the form.  If you have any further queries, call the Consumer Protection Advice Line on 1300 304 054.


 The current criteria for funding is:

  • the purchase price of the home is $400,000 or less.
  • You must be buying your first home, which is established or partially built (not vacant land, or a 'house and land' package);
  • you or your spouse or partner must not own or have owned any property in the State of Western Australia before (if one of the people you are buying a home with, owns or has owned a home in Western Australia before, then you can apply for a partial grant based on the percentage of your ownership of the home).
  • you must live in the home for at least the first 12 months.
  • you must purchase the home through a licensed real estate agent;
  • the application must be lodged with the Department of Commerce no more than 90 days after the date that the offer and acceptance contract to buy the home is accepted (in exceptional circumstances, a short extension of time for lodgement may be granted if reasonable grounds exist; and
  • the home loan must be financed through a lending institution (such as a bank, building society or credit union).
Rate this article
Total Votes 4

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...